Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ethan's 1st Dentist Visit

Today Ethan had his first dentist appointment. I was way more nervous than he was. He did such an awesome job. No tears. No complaining. I think what really helped was we read a bunch of "going to the dentist" books for a couple of weeks before we actually went. However, we read a "Little Critter" book and it talked all about having holes in your teeth & the dentist drilling. Everyday Ethan would have me look in his mouth to see if he had any holes. Poor kid was traumatized from a "Littler Critter" book!!! Anyway, here are a few photos from Ethan's experience.

Does he look mad at me or what? At least he had otter with him to keep him company.
A hygienist cleaning his teeth. Ethan picked cherry flavored gloves for the guy to wear. How cool is that?
What a trooper!
Then it was the dentist's turn to look in Ethan's mouth. It looks like he is still giving me dirty looks!

I would definitely recommend Dentistry for Kids & Adults with Gina Dorfman. It was a great place for kids!!!

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Thanks a lot for the tip! I also tried reading to my son some kiddie books about going to the dentist. Of course, I avoided "Little Critter". It was a week before the appointment, well ahead of schedule. It worked like magic! My son was well-behaved on our way to one of his dentists in Fayetteville, NC, and he was just as quiet when the dentist (Fayetteville-based) looked at his teeth. I hope he continues to make reading a habit.

Unknown said...

Adorable kid! It was truly nice for the dentists to have your child pick which glove they should use. It lessened the nervousness he was feeling. Treating the kids extra special inside a dental clinic would make them come back again without hesitation and with less fear.

Gus Eckles @Dr. Thomas Seal DDS