Friday, August 27, 2010

Bedrest Adventures

I am 33 weeks today and have been on strict bedrest for almost 2 weeks now. I haven't really been enjoying myself but Ethan's life got way more exciting! Everyday he goes on a new adventure at a different friend's house. Now when he wakes up in the morning he asks, "Who's coming over?" He definitely knows that his days are different now. Here are a few photos of his activities over the last 2 weeks.

On the "up & down" with Daddy!
On his way to spend the day at Dylan's house.
Being Buzz Lightyear at Hayden's house.
Julia the dragon and a sad Iron Man with a golf club.
Cake Head Iron Man playing with Mr. Potato Head.
Spiderman relaxing.
TWO Spidermans - Dylan gave Ethan this Spiderman costume for his birthday but it didn't come in the mail until last Friday. Ever since he got it he kept asking if Dylan could come over with his Spiderman costume. He kept saying, "I want to play 2 Spidermans!" There was finally a break in Ethan's busy schedule so Dylan, I mean Spiderman, came over to play. They had a blast!!!
Look at those muscles!
A little more flexing...
Then it was time for a break. They made smoothies and sat on their cars drinking them. How cute are they?
Cheers!
I have made it to 33 weeks! Very exciting since this baby has wanted to come out now for quite a few weeks. Every day that this baby stays inside, the healthier he will be!
Thanks to everyone who has taken Ethan in and entertained him and fed him. I truly appreciate it. And thanks too for sending me photos of his adventures! I love receiving them!
The doctor's goal is to keep this baby inside me until 36 weeks. If the baby hasn't come by then, I will be taken off of strict bedrest and my medication to stop my contractions. Pray that whatever happens, our guy will be a strong and healthy baby. Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

Nicole Geeting said...

So happy to help and so happy you have made it this far! You are in the home-stretch now! Looking forward to more fun play dates with Ethan and Hayden!

Mama Bear said...

You and the little guy are in my prayers. I enjoyed reading your post and catching up. I guess this has somewhat prepared Ethan to be a little independent of mama (not that any mother wants that to happen) I love you and keeping you close in my thoughts.