Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Magic Mountain

Today at Magic Mountain if you brought in a bag of food for the Food Pantry you could get in for free. So we of course took them up on this amazing offer and invited our friends to come along. I have been wanting to take Ethan to Magic Mountain for a couple of months now because I heard they had a Thomas the Train Town. What a disappointment...the Thomas Town had TWO rides! Ethan loved them though. Here are some pictures from our fun day at the amusement park.

Ethan was SO excited today. He was more excited than he has ever been! Here he is with his gal pal Julia. Melody, Julia's mom, and I felt like we were chaperoning our kids on a date. It sure looked that way!
Bugs Bunny was right at the front to give them hugs!
On some kiddie land ride
Here we are on Ethan's 1st roller coaster. It was really fast for a kids ride. Ethan didn't know what to think at first but we ended up riding it two times in a row.
Here are Ethan & Julia flying the plane with Julia's Papa
On the balloon ride that spins...FAST!
Our little birds in their birdcage.
This is the Percy roller coaster that the kids have to ride on by themselves. I wasn't allowed to ride with him. Ethan & Julia are in the front. Julia loved it, Ethan did not.
On a much slower Thomas the Train
Of course they dump you right out into the gift shop after you ride the Thomas ride. I had such a hard time getting Ethan out of here! He was in heaven!
From the kid land Ethan kept seeing a "Yo ho ride" going up in the sky. He really wanted to ride on it so we went over to the Buccaneer, which was one of my favorites when I was in Jr. High and High School. I felt horrible, my little man was terrified. He was white and shaking. However, after we got off the ride he started crying because he wanted to go on it again. What?
Petting the nasty goats
This big truck was Ethan's favorite ride of the day. It was the first ride we went on when we got there and he asked to go on it again the rest of the day. We went on it one last time before we left.
We had so much fun today! The weather was absolutely beautiful. Magic Mountain is giving out free tickets again on December 5, 6, 12, and 13 if you bring a $15 toy with you. All toys collected will be distributed to thousands of needy children through local charities.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He's so stinkin cute! I remember when my parents took me to MM when I was little...Aw the memories. :)